Company is looking for a qualified intern to join our marketing/advertising team. Our advertising team creates campaigns that support the marketing and sales team in the marketplace.
This intern should be prepared to work in a fast-paced team environment and have some exposure to both print and digital advertising methodologies and strategies.
Company is looking for an undergraduate student who is majoring in advertising. This person should have excellent verbal and written communication and research skills. Word and Excel experience is a bonus, and will be considered when choosing the best applicant for this internship position.
Marketing, Sales, Advertising, Mathematics
As an advertising intern, you will be working with advertising agencies, media companies, and other organizations that specialize in advertising and marketing. Your primary role will be to provide support to various advertising and marketing campaigns, while also gaining practical experience and developing skills that will help you succeed in the industry.
The specific duties of an advertising intern can vary depending on the industry and the size of the organization they are working for, but the following are some of the most common tasks that an advertising intern may be responsible for:
1. Assisting with the development of advertising campaigns One of the primary duties of an advertising intern is to assist with the development of advertising campaigns. This may involve working with a team of creative professionals, such as copywriters, designers, and producers, to develop concepts, messaging, and visuals for various advertising campaigns. You may be responsible for conducting research on target audiences, identifying key messaging points, and assisting with the production of creative materials.
2. Conducting market research and analysis Market research and analysis are critical components of advertising, as they help organizations understand their target audiences, identify emerging trends, and develop effective marketing strategies. As an advertising intern, you may be responsible for conducting market research and analysis, including analyzing consumer data, conducting surveys and focus groups, and monitoring social media and other online platforms.
3. Creating and managing social media content Social media has become an essential tool for advertising and marketing, and as an advertising intern, you may be responsible for creating and managing social media content for various campaigns. This may involve developing social media posts, managing social media accounts, and monitoring social media metrics to track engagement and effectiveness.
4. Assisting with the production of advertising materials Advertising materials can take many different forms, including print ads, radio spots, television commercials, and digital content. As an advertising intern, you may be responsible for assisting with the production of these materials, by coordinating with vendors, working with production teams, and ensuring that all materials are produced on time and within budget.
5. Coordinating with clients and stakeholders Effective communication and coordination are essential for successful advertising campaigns, and as an advertising intern, you may be responsible for coordinating with clients and other stakeholders. This may involve attending client meetings, taking notes and following up on action items, and ensuring that all parties are informed and updated on the progress of the campaign.
6. Assisting with event planning and execution Advertising often involves sponsoring or participating in events, such as trade shows, conferences, and product launches. As an advertising intern, you may be responsible for assisting with the planning and execution of these events, by coordinating with vendors, managing logistics, and ensuring that all materials and personnel are in place on the day of the event.
7. Conducting competitive analysis Competitive analysis is another important aspect of advertising, as it helps organizations understand their competition, identify areas of opportunity, and develop effective marketing strategies. As an advertising intern, you may be responsible for conducting competitive analysis, by researching the advertising and marketing strategies of competing organizations, analyzing their strengths and weaknesses, and identifying areas where your organization can differentiate itself and stand out from the competition.
8. Assisting with the evaluation of campaign effectiveness Measuring the effectiveness of advertising campaigns is essential for understanding their impact and improving future campaigns. As an advertising intern, you may be responsible for assisting with the evaluation of campaign effectiveness, by analyzing data and metrics, and providing feedback and recommendations for improving future campaigns.
Overall, the duties of an advertising intern can vary widely depending on the specific needs and requirements of the organization they are working for. However, the tasks listed above are some of the most common responsibilities that an advertising intern may be expected to perform. By gaining experience in these areas, you can develop the skills and knowledge necessary to succeed.
Let's face it student jobs are tough to get, you are competing against people that have work experience and are looking for a full time job. But you can find part time jobs for students. Ideally you want to find an internship because that will give you work experience in your chosen field. Jobs for students typically pay less than those of a full time employee, there are less benefits as well. But the benefit to you is immense. It's competitive, but don't distress, search student jobs and summer internships in advertising and get your career started on the right path!